Donnerstag, 19. November 2009

Honeymoon planning

We have finally started to look at honeymoon destinations. I walked into a travel agency on my way to the train station last weekend and announced that we were looking for beach, sun and relaxation in July. The agent gave me a big stack of catalogs and listed the following "in season" suggestions:

- The Maldives
- The Seychelles
- Mauritius
- Bali

We had been thinking Caribbean, but I was getting a little iffy about the possibility of hurricanes - July counts as "borderline". The last thing we want is to have our trip cancelled by a sudden storm, or worse - get trapped there during such a dangerous natural event.

I like the idea of such an exotic destination. I've never been to any of these places, and flipping through the catalogs, they looked pretty impressive. The Maldives seemed to offer the most, as Mr. Schnitzel puts it "little pointy straw houses" (bungalows) which is something that we really want. The Seychelles offer an abundance of natural wildlife like giant tortoises and black parrots! In Mauritius, we could go on an African safari and see all kinds of majestic beasts like elephants and lions. I haven't researched much about Bali yet.

Here are some pictures of our potential destinations.












What do you think? They all look like paradise to me... Have you been to any of these places? How did you go about choosing your honeymoon destination?

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen