Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2009

Day 5 - Gratitude Challenge


Today for the gratitude challenge, my assignment is to write for five minutes about how grateful I am for all of the wonderful things that I currently have in my life. I am instructed not to "long for what I don't possess ? instead, to take stock of all the blessings I already enjoy."

Well, here we go! Five minutes starting now:

I am so grateful for all of the things I have. My amazing fiancè, of course, and all the fun and relaxing times we have together. I am so thankful every day to come home from work and spend the evening with him... sitting on the couch, eating dinner, talking, watching tv or a movie, or just clicking away at our own computers. I am so happy when I wake up in the morning, not because I have to get up (I hate that) but because I am happy to be in our apartment, even if, when I wake up, the place is a mess and I feel overwhelmed with all I have to do. I am so glad to have a job, which is not to be underestimated in this economy, and that my colleagues are fun and enjoyable. I am glad that my work is somewhat challenging, and that I have the freedom to do things in the order I choose.

I am so happy to have such wonderful friends, who do hilarious, adventurous things with me but are still happy to sit on the couch and watch tv or play video games. I am thankful for the alps, the most amazing mountains, and my family and Artur's family. I am so happy that my office is close to my house, and that I only need a short subway ride to get there.

I am thankful for all the fall foods that are coming in season: apples and grapes, pumpkins, pomegranates, potatoes and sweet potatoes. Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage. I can't wait for soup and cozy evenings, beautiful technicolor trees, crunchy leaves, jeans and boots and wool jackets.

I am so thankful for technology: spell check and email and facebook, blogs and google reader, discount telephone rates and the postal service.

Well, my time is up, but as you see.. I could have gone on for quite a while. Feels good to have so much to be thankful for!!

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen