Montag, 12. Oktober 2009

Days 8, 9, 10 - Gratitude Challenge

So, it's been awhile! I was quite busy this weekend and wasn't able to write - Mr. Schnitzel and I had a car (his parents') on Friday so we took time off from work to go shopping for our Halloween Party (all the heavy stuff!). It was fun, but totally exhausting. Saturday we had a birthday party, and I, erm, overindulged a bit, and spent Sunday recovering. So that's that!

At any rate, I wanted to update you on the progress of my Gratitude Challenge. Friday's assignment (day 8) was to "send out thank you notes to five people who deserve a little recognition". Luckily, I had just done this, in the form of my bridesmaid letters! I crafted personal "invitations" for each of my Bridesmaids and my MOH(s) (more on that to follow?). In each of these invitations, I thanked the person for their unique qualities. It was a lot of fun, and really confirmed my choices.

For day 9, I was instructed to "enjoy the people around me, and take a moment to appreciate their unique talents, abilities and personalities". I was at a friend's 30th birthday party on Saturday night, so I took that opportunity to look around at all the different people and observe them, noting their quirks as unique and special instead of (how it can sometimes seem) annoying or strange. It worked pretty well!

For day 10, I am to pick one of my five senses and focus on it, "taking note of how many gifts come to me via that single port of entry." Hmm. Well, I wasn't up to it on sunday, so I'll focus on this one today, shifting the challenge a day. The sense I am choosing is: my sense of hearing. I'll let you know later how that's going!

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen